Monday, February 22, 2010

Are dress code regulations necessary?




Are dress code regulations necessary?

When I was in high school and middle school I would always wonder why there was such a strict dress code. Now that I am becoming a teacher I see it in a completely different way. I agree that there should be a dress code. If there wasn't, the things that students might wear to school might be absurd. The logos on the shirts could be insulting to some people. Students should be going to school to concintrate on school and not what other people are wearing.
For example I found a lot of information on http://educationalissues.suite101.com/article.cfm/dress_codes_and_school. They say that if their are a group of people who wear baggy pants and bandanas, other students might be very intiminated by them and think its some sort of gang. Students should feel safe in school not intiminated and scared. Also, if students dress in a seductive way, this can really draw the opposite sexs attention any from their studies. The reason students are at school is to learn not look at the opposite sex all day. In my opinion, I think that uniforms will solve the whole problem of the wrong dress code. I dont think there is anything wrong with uniforms, I actually think it is a good idea for most schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment